ALM Module - Part VII - Versioning Farm Solutions
I have decided to record a new series of videos about ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) in SharePoint ouf of real world experience in different enterprises. The topics I'll cover are not particularly new but I intend to bring some added value by giving you some tips and by talking about problems I meet regularly in real world deployments.
Here is the content of this module:
- Feature Basics
- Importance of Hidden Features
- Feature Depencencies
- Feature Stapling
- Feature Internal Working and Activation Process during deployments
- Feature Versioning & Feature Upgrade
- Farm Solutions vs Sandboxed Solutions vs Apps
- Farm Solutions deployment tips and automation
- Farm Solutions Code Review
- Farm Solutions versioning
- Sandboxed Solutions
- Code migration and refactoring pitfalls
- App Model Introduction
- SharePoint-Hosted Apps deep dive and ALM considerations
Topics covered in this video:
- Why is it a challenge in SharePoint?
- Demo of using multiple versions at a time
- Demo of using Binding Redirect
- How do webparts, feature receivers, event receivers, master pages react to a new assembly version?
- How can you package your new DLLs?
- What about the artefacts?
You can access the desktop version of the ALM module here. On the mobile version, just tap the WebCasts button